What Tech Trekkers Say about Their Experience:
- “My experience was amazing. The counselors, dorm monitors, and teachers were awesome. I made lots of friends and learned about STEM and teamwork.”
- “I made a lot of new life-long friends. I have learned a lot and it was an unforgettable experience.”
- “My Tech Trek experience opened up more possible directions I am interested in pursuing. It is an experience I will never forget.
- “Thank you so much for exposing me to something I’ve never, EVER wanted to do and be, but now I do.”
- “I enjoyed my core class because my teacher is one of the best teachers I have ever had… while she taught us a lot about DNA, she taught me even more about myself and my dreams…”
- “I was also surprised to find just how passionate I was about science and learning in general! I have always found school interesting and fun, but I was stunned by the giant smile my face displayed all week.”
- “It definitely increased my enthusiasm of wanting to go to college and having a fascinating career as a scientist or doctor!”
Tech Trek Really Works!
We surveyed girls who attended Tech Trek in California several years after they attended Tech Trek. The results speak for themselves:
- 82% of girls chose to take more science classes in high school because of Tech Trek
- 91% of girls reported that Tech Trek boosted their self-confidence in their ability to be successful in science classes
- 77% of girls say that Tech Trek increased their interest in technology
- 87% of girls say that Tech Trek introduced them to new STEM careers
- 96% of Tech Trek alumnae go to college
Learn more about AAUW’s Tech Trek camps: